Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana(DDU-GKY) is a Central government scheme for rural youth launched on 25 September 2014. It is a part of National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), introduced with the dual objectives of adding diversity to the income of rural poor families and cater to the career aspirations of rural youth.
Vision : - To transform rural poor youth into an economically independent and globally relevant workforce.
Mission : - To reduce poverty by enabling poor for households to access gainful and sustainable employment that provides regular wages.
The aim of DDU-GKY is to skill rural youth who are poor and provide them with jobs having regular monthly wages or above the minimum wages. The scheme mainly focuses on the youth in the age group of 15-35 years.
Skilling and Placement under DDU-GKY
- Awareness building within the community on the opportunities
- Identifying rural youth who are poor
- Mobilizing rural youth who are interested
- Counseling of youth and parents
- Selecting on the basis of aptitude
- Imparting knowledge, industry linked skills and attitude that enhance employability
- Providing jobs that can be verified through methods that can stand up to independent scrutiny, and which pays above minimum wages
- Supporting the person so employed for sustainability after placement
Eligibility Criteria :
- Rural youth in the age group between 15 and 35 years.
- Person belonging to SC/ST category.
- Persons with disability
- Persons belonging to Particularly vulnerable tribal group (PVTG)
- Person who completed even a little bit schooling
- Unemployed or work as labour in fields
- Person who earn a daily wage doing odd jobs
- Person who belongs to a family where at least one person has worked for 15 days in the MGNREGA scheme in the last year
- Person belongs to a family where one person belongs to a Self-Help Group (SHG)
- Person older than 35 years here is a relaxation for women, persons with disabilities, victims of human trafficking and other vulnerable groups.
- Transgender and other special groups (rehabilitated bonded labour, victims of trafficking, manual scavengers, trans-genders, HIV positive persons amongst others)
From national level social inclusion is done through
- 50 % funds earmarked for SCs and STs,
- 3% for persons with disabilities
- 15% for minority groups
- 33% are to be women in each training program
Documents required to apply for DDU-GKY
- Aadhar Card/Voter ID card/any government photo ID card.
- Birth Certificate,
- BPL Card
- MGNREGA worker card with a minimum of 15 days of completed work
- Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) card of household
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) or BPL PDS card of your household
- NRLM-Self Help Group identification or certificate for any member of your household
- SC/ST Certificate issued by competent authority, with any of the above
- For person with disability - Disability Certificate issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner, with any of the above
Benefits of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
- It offers completely free skill training ar the training centres.
- There are no fees/charge for
- Aadhar card or similar bio-metric Identification Card.
- A bank account in the person's name
- It offers free food and accommodation in a residential training program
- Free uniform, books and learning material.
- Reimbursement of to & fro and meal cost, transferred directly to bank account.
- Free access to a computer at the computer lab with working internet, one computer per person.
- DDU-GKY Skill Training Certificate from NCVT or SSC upon successful completion of the training program.
- It provides job interviews and placement opportunities at no cost. And a job with a minimum salary of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
- Post Placement salary top-up every month for 2-6 months as per:
- If person is placed in his/her State of Domicile, in a town smaller than District HQ, then for 2 months, directly transferred to his/her bank account
- If applicant is placed in his/her State of Domicile, in the District HQ or larger towns, then for 3 months, directly transferred to person's salary bank account
- If placed outside the State of Domicile, then for 6 months, directly transferred to bank account
- It provides free counselling and guidance
- In case of Industrial Internships
- Rs. 4,500/- one time for travel to or from the placement to or from home, directly transferred to his/her bank account.
- Rs. 5,000/- per month Stipend for 12 months from start of job directly transferred to bank account. This will be paid only when employer submits proof that the person is working in the job.
- After 12 months of successful training, a job with a minimum salary of Rs. 10,000/- per month.
How to apply for DDU-GKY?
- You can get enrolled with Gram Panchayat or Gram Rozgar Sewak, who in turn will recommend the nearby Training Centre or its mobilization staff to meet and offer counselling and guidance
- You can find a nearby training centre and contact them directly
- You can find a trade you want to learn, and the contact information of the training centre teaching the trade
- Click on "Apply Now" and register yourself on Kaushal Panjee portal under "Candidate Registration"
Whichever way you choose, the DDUGKY officials will reach out to you, visit you in your home, talk to you, your parents, friends and others. They will take you to the nearby training centre and be with you till such time that you enrol.
Skill training is provided under DDU-GKY for the following industry sectors :
Contact Details :
Rural Skills Division,
Ministry of Rural Development,
7th Floor, NDCC-II Building,
Jai Singh Road, New Delhi-110001
Office Time: 9:30 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
[Monday to Friday Except Gazetted Holiday]
Web Information Manager :
Shri Saurabh Kumar Dubey
Designation: Director (RS/RL)
Email Id: email@example.com
DDU-GKY MoRD Team
|1||Shri Narendra Singh Tomar||Minister of Rural Development,
Agriculture and Farmers
Welfare & Panchayati Raj
|2||Dr. Navneet Mohan Kothari||PS to Ministerfirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23782327,
|3||Ms. Sadhvi Niranjan Jyoti||
Minister of State
|4||Shri Rajesh Bhushan||Secretary (RD)||email@example.com||011-23382230,
|5||Shri Kumar Ravikant Singh||PS to MoS (RD)||firstname.lastname@example.org||011-23388823,
|6||Shri H Rama Krishnan||Sr. PPS to (SRD)||email@example.com||011-23382230,
|7||Shri Charanjit Singh||Joint Secretary (Skills)||firstname.lastname@example.org||011- 23438012|
|8||Shri K. K. Raman||PPS to JS (Skills)||email@example.com||011-23438012|
|9||Mr. Rajender Singh Rawat||PPS to JS (Skills)||firstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461728|
|10||Shri Virendra Sharma||Director (Skills)||email@example.com||011-23438013|
|11||Ms. Rajni Bala||PS to Director (Skills)||firstname.lastname@example.org||011-23438013|
|12||Shri Saurabh Kumar Dubey||Director (RS/RL)||email@example.com||011-23461748|
|13||Shri Sanjay Kumar||Under Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461713|
|14||Shri Bhim Prakash||Under Secretaryemail@example.com||011-23461711|
|15||Shri NG Yirmayai||Assistant Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461723|
|16||Shri Rajeev Kumar||Under Secretaryemail@example.com||011-23461718|
|17||Shri Shyamal Rao Chongali||Research Officer CAPARTfirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461767|
|18||Shri Sher Singh||Asst. Section Officeremail@example.com||011-23461727|
|19||Shri Jitender Kumar||Asst. Section Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
DDU-GKY National Mission Team
|S.No.||Designation||Name of Contact Person||Phone No|
|1||Head - PMA||Shri Vinay Kumar Pandeyemail@example.com||011-23461722|
|2||Senior Expert -
Finance and Accounting
|Shri Rohtash Singhfirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461724|
|3||Head SGSY Projects||Shri Anand Kumar Patneyemail@example.com||011-23461726|
|4||Deputy Head, PMA||Ms. Nidhi Rawatfirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461729|
|5||Deputy Head - PMA||Shri Tanmoy Ghatakemail@example.com||011-23461719|
|6||Senior Mission Manager||Ms. Rachna Paliwalfirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461717|
|7||Deputy Head, PMA||Ms. Dipali Pujaraemail@example.com||011-23461802|
|8||Mission Manager -
|Shri Abu Osama Saififirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461765|
|9||Mission Manager -
State Partnership &
|Shri Kumar Manishemail@example.com||011-23461775|
|10||Regional Representative -
North Eastern Region
and West Bengal
|Ms. Tenzing Choesangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|11||Mission Manager -
|Ms. Dhriti Baniaemail@example.com|
|12||Sr. Mission Executive
(Monitoring and Evaluation)
|Shri Perwaiz Alamfirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461765|
|13||Admin Assistant||Shri Umesh Kumaremail@example.com||011-23461721|
|14||Office Assistant||Shri Chetan Kumarfirstname.lastname@example.org||011-23461751|
DDU-GKY Nodal Person in State Government
|S.No.||State||Name of contact person||Designation||Mobile No.|
|1||J&K||Shri Kapil Sharma||COOemail@example.com||9419192205|
|2||Goa||Shri V N Sheyte||JS (RD)||firstname.lastname@example.org||9823063362|
|3||Arunachal Pradesh||Shri Tatar Mosi||Program Manageremail@example.com||9436416195|
|4||Andhra Pradesh||Shri Vijay Mannala||SPM, SEEDAP-EGMfirstname.lastname@example.org||9866900079|
|5||Assam||Shri Amrit Borah||COOemail@example.com||9085440957|
|6||Bihar||Shri Arbind Kumar Sinha||SPM - PIA Coordination
|7||Chhattisgarh||Smt. Harsha Oberai||Program Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org /
|8||Gujarat||Shri Anand Shah||Sr. Consultantemail@example.com,
|9||Haryana||Shri R.R. Badyal||COOfirstname.lastname@example.org||9779075074|
|10||Himachal Pradesh||Ms. Latika Sehajpal||Chief Executive Officeremail@example.com,
|11||Jharkhand||Shri Hasnain A Warshi||SPM - Skillsfirstname.lastname@example.org||95723 89527|
|13||Kerala||Shri Shibu N P||SPMemail@example.com||8157830774|
|14||Madhya Pradesh||Shri Dhirendra Singh||SPMfirstname.lastname@example.org||8349901014|
|15||Maharashtra||Shri S.George Bernard Shaw||State Mission Manageremail@example.com,
|16||Manipur||Shri Bobby Singh||SPM (Skills)||firstname.lastname@example.org||8794708088|
|18||Meghalaya||Ms. Nancy Lalsawmliani||SMMemail@example.com||9615236021|
|19||Nagaland||Shri Menuoneituo Chadi||COO, Skillsfirstname.lastname@example.org||9862286884|
|20||Odisha||Shri OM Prakash||SPMemail@example.com||9437190119|
|21||Punjab||Shri Jeetan Kumar||SPMfirstname.lastname@example.org||9785212616|
|22||Rajasthan||Shri Yogmitra Dinkar||COOemail@example.com||9414242661|
|23||Sikkim||Sh. Deepen Sharma||Project Officerfirstname.lastname@example.org||7001154674|
|24||Tamil Nadu||Shri J. Ganeshkanna||COO||
|25||Telangana||Shri Praveen Kumar||Manager (IT), EGMMemail@example.com||7702339922|
|26||Uttar Pradesh||Shri Rajesh Kumar||COOfirstname.lastname@example.org||9415175951|
|27||Tripura||Shri Donland Koloy||Project Manageremail@example.com||9862975456|
|28||Uttarakhand||Dr. Prabhakar Bebni||COOfirstname.lastname@example.org||9412382091|
|29||West Bengal||Ms. Aruna De Sarkar||SPM (SKills)||email@example.com||033-23403682|