Table of contents
- Rs. 10,000/- per year for Graduation.
- Rs. 20,000/- per year for Post Graduation.
- Rs 10,000/- per year for first 3 years and Rs. 20,000/- per year for 4th and 5th year
for an integrated course.
- Rs. 10,000/- per year for first 3 years and Rs. 20,000/- in 4th year for a Technical Course.
(B.Tech., B.Engg etc.)
- Ministry Help Desk :-
- National Scholarship Portal Helpline Number :- 0120 6619540
- National Scholarship Portal Helpdesk Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview Of The Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship.|
|Number of Seats||
|Amount of Scholarship||
|Age Limit||18-25 years.|
|Objective||Providing financial assistance to students who belongs to low income families to meet the expenses
while pursuing higher studies.
|Nodal Ministry||Ministry of Education/Department of Higher Education.|
|Mode of Applying||Only Online Mode Available through National Scholarship Portal.|
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship is a scheme for College and University Students.
- It is a 100 % centrally funded scheme.
- It was launched in the year 2008.
- The main objective behind launching this scheme is to provide financial assistance to the students who belongs to the low income family group.
- There are 82000 seats available for the students every year.
- Out of which 41000 seats is for boys students and 41000 seats is for girls students.
- Amount of scholarship is also varies according to the course.
- Rs. 10,000/- per year will be given to the students for pursuing graduation.
- Rs. 20,000/- per year will be given, when student pursuing post graduation.
- In the case of integrated course Rs. 10,000/- will be given for the first 3 year of course and after that Rs. 20,000/- per year in 4th and 5th year respectively.
- In 4 year courses like B.Tech/BE, the amount of scholarship is Rs. 10,000/- for first 3 years and after that Rs. 20,000/- for the 4th and final year.
- The scholarship application is subject to renewal every year.
- Students who are above 80th percentile in class 12th from a particular Board of Examination.
- Pursuing regular course (not correspondence or distance mode).
- Family income should be less than Rs. 8 lakh per annum.
- Student should not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship and fee reimbursement of any kind.
- Diploma students are not eligible under this scheme.
|Name of the Category||Reservation %|
|Schedule Caste (SCs)||15 %|
|Schedule Tribe (STs)||7.5 %|
|Other Backward Class (OBCs)||27 %|
Person with Disabilities (PwDs)
Amount of Scholarship
|S. No.||Name of Exam||Amount||Period of
|1.||For Graduation||Rs. 10,000/- per year||3 years|
|2.||For Post Graduation||Rs. 20,000/- per year||2 years|
|3.||For Integrated Course
|4.||For Technical Courses
- Class 12th Marksheet.
- Income Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Disability Certificate (If required).
- Aadhar Card.
- If Aadhar is not available then the alternate ID proof used are :-
- Aadhar Enrolment ID Slip
- Application made for Aadhar enrolment.
- Voter Identity Card.
- Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- Driving License.
- Certificate of Identity issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar.
- Identity issued by college or Institute.
How to Apply
- The only mode to apply for this scheme is through National Scholarship Portal.
- Candidate have to register themselves first by clicking on New Registration.
- Candidate have to fill required details :-
- State of Domicile.
- Select scholarship category post matric.
- Select Scheme Type Scholarship.
- Date of Birth.
- Mobile Number.
- Email Id.
- Bank IFSC Code.
- Bank Account Number.
- Aadhar Number.
- After Filling all the necessary details, click on Register.
- With log in credential given to you by portal, Log in to submit your application.
- Select Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students, fill all the required details and click on submit the application.
- The application will be scrutinized by the institution where the student is studying and also the State Education Board of the State/UT where the student resides and then the selected candidate would be intimated through Email or SMS.
- This scheme is subject to renewal, so candidate have to renew their applications every year.
Features of the Scheme
- It is a merit-cum-means scholarship scheme of Department of Higher Education.
- Maximum duration of the scholarship is 5 years.
- Age limit under this scheme is 18- 25 years.
- Number of scholarship allotted to state education board is distributed among pass outs of the Science, Commerce and Humanities streams in the ration of 3:2:1.
- Direct Benefit Transfer where scholarship is being disbursed directly into the bank account of beneficiaries started on 01.01.2013.
- No scholarship is award to those students who already availing or availed any kind of other scholarship.
- Students studying in diploma courses are not eligible under this scheme.
- Reservation are applicable in this scheme.
- If candidate choose to change his/her course of study to a different stream, they would allow to avail the benefit of the scheme.
- Bank account in the name of student is mandatory.
- Candidate also track their payment status on Public Financial Management System Portal.
Number of Scholarship Allocated to States/UTs
|S.No.||State/UT||Seats per Year|
|13||Jammu & Kashmir||768|
|33||Andaman & Nicobar||31|
|35||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||21|
|36||Daman & Diu||19|
List Of Recognized Education Boards
|State||Name of Education Board|
|Andhra Pradesh||Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh.|
|Assam||Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.|
|Bihar||Bihar School Examination Board.|
|Chattishgarh||Chhattisgarh Board of Secondary Education.|
|Goa||Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.|
|Gujarat||Gujarat Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Board.|
|Haryana||Board of School Education Haryana.|
|Himachal Pradesh||Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education.|
|Jammu & Kashmir||J & K Board of School Education.|
|Jharkhand||Jharkhand Academic Council.|
|Karnataka||Department of Pre-University Education Bangalore.|
|Kerala||Kerala Board of Higher Secondary Examination Thiruvananthapuram.|
|Madhya Pradesh||Board of Secondary Education Bhopal.|
|Maharashtra||Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education Pune.|
|Manipur||Council of Higher Secondary Education Manipur.|
|Meghalaya||Meghalaya Board of School Education.|
|Mizoram||Mizoram Scholarship Board.|
|Nagaland||Nagaland Board of School Education.|
|Odisha||Council of Higher Secondary Education Odisha.|
|Puducherry||Directorate of Higher and Technical Education Puducherry.|
|Punjab||Punjab School Education Board Mohali.|
|Rajasthan||Board of Secondary Education Ajmer.|
|Tamil Nadu||T.N State Education Board, Chennai.|
|Telangana||Telangana State Board of Intermediate Education Hyderabad.|
|Tripura||Tripura Board of Secondary Education Agartala.|
|Uttar Pradesh||Board of High School and Intermediate Education Uttar Pradesh Allahabad.|
|Uttarakhand||Board of School Education Uttarakhand.|
|West Bengal||West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education Calcutta.|
|CBSE||Central Board of Secondary Education.|
|CISCE||Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.|
- National Scholarship Portal.
- National Scholarship Portal App.
- Ministry of Education.
- Department of Higher Education.
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Official Guidelines.
- Telephone Directory.
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship FAQs.
- Ministry Help Desk :- 011-26172917, 011-26172491, 011-26165238.
- National Scholarship Portal Help Desk :- 0120-6619540
- National Scholarship Portal Email Help Desk :- email@example.com
- Address :- National Scholarship Division
Ministry of Education, Department of Higher Education
West Block 1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6,
R. K. Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi - 110003.
What about the average…
What about the average student.... they don't have right to study on scholarship haan
kindly make an alert system…
kindly make an alert system so that we can know when it came
80 percentile is very high…
80 percentile is very high cutoff
yeah you are right
yeah you are right
i had completed my ss…
i had completed my ss education from abroad but i am a indian citizen am i eligible
jaruri hai graduation ke…
jaruri hai graduation ke starting me h benefit le agr 3rd 4rth year me ho tb bhi le skte hai kya
what about mbbs?????
what about mbbs?????
Kindly also think about the…
Kindly also think about the average students
norms are too high
norms are too high
is it mandatory to take…
is it mandatory to take benefit in first year?
kb khulega portal
kb khulega portal
from where i do apply for…
from where i do apply for this?
plzz provide working numbers…
plzz provide working numbers. no one answer the calls
is income certificate is…
is income certificate is mandatory to upload on the portal?
Apply on scholarship but application form does not show scheme h
My percentage is 80.6% and income certificate having income 80000. But when I fill the form always show's there is no scheme available.
my apllication got rejected…
my apllication got rejected for an unknown reason. is there possible way i can appeal against that?
not verified application from instritute
why my application not verified from college
Add new comment