Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) was launched in the year 2015 by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood. Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme. RPL mainly focuses on the individuals engaged in unregulated sectors.
The scheme is available for citizen of India who is :
- an unemployed youth
- school/college dropouts,
- Possesses an Aadhaar card and a bank account
- Having a verifiable alternate ID such as PAN or Voter ID (applicable only for the states of NorthEast region and J & K - Additional IDs may be added from time to time)
- Any other criteria, as defined by the SSCs for the respective job roles
Key Components of PMKVY:
1. Short Term Training
Training Centres Provides industry-relevant skill training according to the National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF), and they shall also impart training in
- Soft Skills,
- Financial and Digital Literacy.
- Duration of the training varies as per job role and responsibility. It ranges between 150 and 300 hours.
- When assessment is successfully completed, candidates shall be provided placement assistance by Training Partners (TPs).
- Under this scheme, Government pays the entire training and assessment fees . Payouts shall be provided to the TPs in alignment with the Common Norms.
- Training imparted under the Short Term Training component of the Scheme shall be NSQF Level 5 and below.
2. Recognition of Prior Learning
- The aim of RPL is to align the competencies of the unregulated workforce of the country to the NSQF.
- Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs), such as Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) or any other agencies designated by MSDE/NSDC, shall be incentivized to implement RPL projects in any of the three Project Types
- RPL Camps,
- RPL at Employers Premises
- RPL centres
- Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) may offer Bridge Courses to RPL candidates to address knowledge gaps.
3. Special Projects
Under Special Projects a platform is created to facilitate training in
- special areas
- or premises of Government bodies,
- Corporate or Industry bodies,
- and training in special job roles not defined under the available Qualification Packs (QPs)/National Occupational Standards (NOSs).
- Special Projects require some deviation from the terms and conditions of Short Term Training under PMKVY for any stakeholder.
- A proposing stakeholder can be either Government Institutions of
- Central and State Government(s)/
- Autonomous Body/
- Statutory Body or
- any other equivalent body or corporate who desire to provide training to candidates.
4. Kaushal and Rozgar Mela
- Kaushal and Rozgar Mela is conducted by (Training Partners)TPs every six months with press/media coverage;
- They are also required to participate actively in National Career Service Melas and on-ground activities.
5. Placement Assistance
- This scheme contemplates to link the knowledge, aspiration, and aptitude of the skilled workforce it creates with employment opportunities and demands in the market.
- Every effort thereby needs to be made by the Training Centres to provide placement opportunities to candidates, trained and certified under the PMKVY .
- Training Partners shall also provide support to entrepreneurship development.
6. Continuous Monitoring
NSDC and empaneled Inspection Agencies shall use various methodologies to ensure that high standards of quality are maintained by PMKVY TCs, such as
- call validations,
- self-audit reporting,
- surprise visits, and
- monitoring through the Skills Development Management System (SDMS).
- These methodologies shall be enhanced with the engagement of latest technologies.
Phone Number - 08800055555
Grievance Redressal Portal - pmkvy-grievance.pmkvyofficial.org
Fax : +91-11-46560417
For Technical Queries : Jira.Login@campusmgmt.com
301-306, 3rd Floor,
World Mark 1,
New Delhi - 110037
|S.No.||Name of Contact Person||Concerned Department||E-mail ID|
|1.||Sachin Sharma||Skill India /Accreditation/Affiliation||
|2.||Ashutosh Gaurav Gulati Shreshtha Gupta||SDMS- Technical||Level email@example.com
|3.||Bhumika Malhotra||Training of Trainers (ToT)/Training of Assessors (ToA)||Level 1- firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2- email@example.com
|4.||Viraat Bhama||Mobilization/Placement Drive (Kaushal Mela)||Level 1- Viraat.firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2- Rishabh.email@example.com
|5.||Mayank Bhatnagar||Rozgar Mela/Job Mela||Level 1- Mayank.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|6.||Ruchika Tandon||Branding Guidelines||Level email@example.com
Level 2- Ruchika.firstname.lastname@example.org
|7.||Nikhil Jos||PMKVY 1 (2015-16)||Level email@example.com|
|8.||Manjit Nath||Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) projects||Level 1- firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2: Manjit.email@example.com
|9.||Aakarshan Chauhan||Special Projects||Level 1- firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2: email@example.com
|10.||PMKVY 2.0 Guidelines and general queries||
|13.||SDMS- TP/TC Onboarding|
|18.||Handbooks- Bill Reimbursement|
|19.||Assessment and Certification|
|Walk- in days and timings||a) General queries: Wednesday and Friday (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm)
b) RPL: Tuesday and Thursday (11:00 am to 1:00 pm)
c) Special Projects: Tuesday and Thursday (3:00 pm to 5:00 pm)